The PLIX team enthusiastically invites you to our first-ever Facilitating Creative Learning Online Course. With these four weeks of interactive professional development, you'll gain the skills and confidence to start facilitating creative STEAM programming for your patrons.
The Details 🔍
- Who is this course for? Public library professionals interested in creative learning and STEAM programming. 👩🎨👩🔬
- When is it? The 4-week online course will begin the week of April 26, 2021. We plan to spend about eight hours total together—some in shared time together, but mostly asynchronous. 💻🤝
- What can I expect? We'll dive deep into the design choices of all three stages of any hands-on STEAM workshop: before, during, and after. With peers nationwide, you'll develop your facilitation practice and leave feeling prepared to offer patrons PLIX activities—and other creative learning activities of your own design. 🎈👾
- Why should I participate? Librarians are increasingly asked to lead educational programs with emerging technologies. At PLIX, we feel it’s important not just to get new tools into the hands of patrons, but to cultivate a learning environment where they can experiment and create with technology. 🧠💃
Each week, we'll delve into a creative learning theme together, exploring some big ideas, as well as practical facilitation techniques you can implement with PLIX activities.
- Week 1 - Getting Started with Creative Learning & PLIX
- Week 2 - Imagine: Planning & Prepping Your Workshop
- Week 3 - Create & Play: Running Your Workshop
- Week 4 - Share & Reflect: Wrapping Up Your Workshop & Growing as a Facilitator
In addition to asynchronous conversations about each week's content, we will also have two weekly drop-in times for discussions over Zoom:
- Community Chats on Tuesdays @ 12pm ET 👋
- Tinkering Time on Thursdays @ 3pm ET 💡
More information will be released as we get closer to the start date!