Plan, direct and coordinate the activities associated with the operation and maintenance of all properties (including buildings and grounds) within Vinfen's portfolio. Work with staff of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled trade personnel to enhance value and appearance of all Vinfen owned and/or leased commercial and residential sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage the activities of Facilities staff and outside vendors. Utilize staff with the goal of optimizing efficiency and achieving operational and financial goals.
- Manage the 24-hour facilities help desk and Corrigo system and provide periodic reports to the field concerning quality and timeliness of work performed and suggestions for improvements.
- Work with the Housing Inspection Manager to develop and monitor procedures for the inspection of all buildings.
- Work with Accounting and Leasing Departments to maintain and update where needed all repair and maintenance-related files.
- With an emphasis on cost containment, develop prudent procurement practices.
- Conduct regular audits of all Facilities Department vendors to ensure quality of work.
- In conjunction with program operations, develop annual repair and maintenance budgets for each site.
- Assist in the development of strategic planning for the Real Estate Department.
- Oversee the coordination of space allocation and layouts for 950 Cambridge Street and other administrative buildings.
- Oversee and direct Help Desk response to maintenance, construction, life safety, facilities' equipment use and safety practices, and all facets of local, state, federal, energy conservation, environmental and ADA compliance.
- Manage on-call personnel and procedures for emergency and routine service requirements.
- Generate and approve APVs (Accounts Payable Vouchers) for Facilities Department.
- Generate letters to 3rd party landlords advising of property inspection results.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential capacity
- Ability to manage relationships with outside vendors
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and make independent decisions
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of tenant relations, technical operations, and financial operations
- Knowledge of regulations relating to OSHA and safety standards
- Ability to provide leadership and team management to staff
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability, and gender issues
- Ability to mediate and manage conflicts
- Ability to balance many competing priorities
- Knowledge of personal computer applications, including database management
- Knowledge of Massachusetts State Building Code, Americans with Disabilities Act, State and Federal Environmental Affairs regulations, Vinfen's Safety and Operations Policies and Procedures
Minimum of four years' experience, of which at least two must be in a supervisory capacity.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. In some instances, experience may be substituted for academic training.
Driving is a requirement for this position using either a Vinfen van or personal vehicle. A valid driver's license must be presented at the time of employment. Incumbents must be at least 21 years of age, have maintained a valid US driver's license for at least one year, and must be able to pass a driver's screening background check, which is subject to annual checks. A safe driving record must be maintained. If using a personal vehicle, you must possess and maintain adequate insurance.
- OSHA 10- hours construction training within 6 months of hire
- License check and vehicle access required