Heat and Frost Insulators apply insulation materials to pipes, tanks, boilers, ducts, refrigeration equipment and other surfaces requiring the thermal control of temperatures and soundproofing. Workers also do removal of hazardous waste a clean duct systems.
Heat and Frost Insulators Local 6 JATC
Length of Apprenticeship: 4 years, 640 Classroom hours of training and 6400 hours of on the job training.
- Must apply in person.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Must take and pass the state assessment test.
- Must be interviewed by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee
Rick Rothwell, Coordinator
Insulators Local 6 JATC
303 Freeport Street
Dorchester, MA 02122