Cement Masons finish the exposed concrete surfaces of freshly poured floors, walls, sidewalks, foundations, dams, parking garages and lots, runways, warehouses, loading dock floors, and roads.
They level, shape, and smooth surfaces using straight edgers or power screeds. Plasterers apply plaster, cement of acrylic material to the interior and exterior walls and ceilings of a variety of large industrial and commercial projects.
Plasterers and Cement Masons Local 534 JATC
Length of Apprenticeship: 4-5 years; 500 hours of classroom training and 6,000 hours of on the job training.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete drug testing
- Must be able to physically perform duties
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Apprentice applications are taken during the last two weeks of August. Please contact the JATC for more information.
John Sweeney, Director
7 Frederika Street
Dorchester MA, 02124